You wish to perform an application upgrade, object migration, or other system maintenance, but not have end-users in the system modifying records or settings. How do you do this?
- 1. Login to the main IBM TRIRIGA application as an administrator. (Do this first so you can perform the work.)
- 2. In a new tab or new browser, login to the IBM TRIRIGA Administrator Console.
- 3. Go to the “System Manager” section. Under the “Lock System” section, select the radio button next to “Lock System”, and click Save.
- 4. Go to the “Users Manager” section. If you wish, you can contact any users that may be online, then log them out using the check box and “Log Out User” action. Make sure not to log yourself out (from the session in the first tab or browser in Step 1.)
- 5. Switch back to the first tab or browser, and perform the maintenance.
- 6. Once you’re done, go back into the Admin Console, select “Unlock System,” and Save.
While the system is in a “locked” state, the main login page will display the message: “The system is unavailable. It is locked for an upgrade.” Meanwhile, administrators will be able to sign into the Admin Console to unlock the system.