When adding users via a TRIRIGA integration, these points should be taken into consideration:
- No matter if a user is added via Connector for Business Applications (CBA), Data Integrator, DataConnect, or integration object, the action “Activate” must be used to create the actual user in TRIRIGA.
- The Boolean field “Active TRIRIGA User” must be set to TRUE.
- A default password of “password” is set in the workflow “triPeople – Synchronous – Create TRIRIGA User” under the “Set Default Password” task mapping. For more information, see this TRIRIGA forum post: How to change the default password for a newly created TRIRIGA user.
- When integrating from a directory server (LDAP/AD), it is best to use a data warehouse database to load the users. This way, standard integration object or staging tables with DataConnect can be used without a custom-built connect to the LDAP/AD server.
- This Microsoft TechNet article describes a way to synchronize AD to an SQL Server instance: Synchronizing Active Directory Objects to SQL Server.
- Tools like slapcat can generate a LDIF file from an LDAP server. That export file can then be imported into an Oracle or DB2 database via standard database import tools (Oracle: dsadm, DB2: idsldif2db, ldif2db). Then a job can be run to export and import from the LDAP server on a scheduled basis.
[Admin: For convenience, here are the meanings of the acronyms: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Active Directory (AD), LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF).]