When adding users via a TRIRIGA integration, these points should be taken into consideration:
- No matter if a user is added via Connector for Business Applications (CBA), Data Integrator, DataConnect, or integration object, the action “Activate” must be used to create the actual user in TRIRIGA.
- The Boolean field “Active TRIRIGA User” must be set to TRUE.
- A default password of “password” is set in the workflow “triPeople – Synchronous – Create TRIRIGA User” under the “Set Default Password” task mapping. For more information, see this TRIRIGA forum post: How to change the default password for a newly created TRIRIGA user.
- When integrating from a directory server (LDAP/AD), it is best to use a data warehouse database to load the users. This way, standard integration object or staging tables with DataConnect can be used without a custom-built connect to the LDAP/AD server.
- This Microsoft TechNet article describes a way to synchronize AD to an SQL Server instance: Synchronizing Active Directory Objects to SQL Server.
- Tools like slapcat can generate a LDIF file from an LDAP server. That export file can then be imported into an Oracle or DB2 database via standard database import tools (Oracle: dsadm, DB2: idsldif2db, ldif2db). Then a job can be run to export and import from the LDAP server on a scheduled basis.
[Admin: This post is related to the 02.22.17 post by Watson IoT Support about activating records imported via Data Integrator, and the 01.26.16 post about initializing Active status when using DataConnect. For convenience, here are the meanings of the acronyms: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Active Directory (AD), LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF).]