The plot thickens for public companies learning the ins and outs of the brand new accounting standard that brings leases on to corporate balance sheets, as they now face a long list of implementation decisions and business implications.
Accounting experts say they don’t expect any significant pushback on the requirements of the standard or the effective date, which is 2019 for public companies, so they are urging companies to move forward with preparing for the standard. “There’s a fair amount of both challenge and opportunity with this standard,” says Anastasia Economos, a partner with EY…
The Big 4 accounting firms PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, and EY want companies to take advantage of their lease accounting resources…
- Request a Demo: If you are interested in seeing a live demo of the KPMG Leasing Tool for IBM® TRIRIGA®, please e-mail Rusty James, Director, Strategic Alliances, KPMG LLP
- Your access to data on Leasing and Revenue Recognition Standards: Take KPMG’s Accounting Change Issues Survey
- Details on the new FASB leasing standard: In brief; In depth
- Register for PwC’s leasing webcast series: March 17, New strategy
- Take PwC’s lease accounting survey: How will the new standards impact you?
- Join Deloitte for a 90-minute Dbriefs webcast on Tuesday, March 15, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern to learn about FASB’s new lease accounting guidance and the associated implementation challenges. Earn up to 1.5 Intermediate CPE credits for attending. Learn more and register now.
- Read Deloitte’s Heads Up publication for a comprehensive summary.
- Let’s talk: Practical matters – Leases make their way onto the balance sheet
- To the Point: FASB issues final guidance that will change the accounting for leases
- Webcast replay available: EY partners provide overview of new leases standard
[Admin: This post is related to the 08.12.15 post about the KPMG Leasing Tool for IBM TRIRIGA.]