- Attack value: <p>123</p><p><input onclick=”alert(1234)” type=”text”/></p>
Steps to replicate:
- 1. Login to the application.
- 2. Click on the Help link.
- 3. Click on the HTML link of the editor to open the HTML source editor.
- 4. Apply the attack value and click on the Update button.
- 5. Click on the Save button.
- 6. Click on the recently added value.
We needed the ability to disable the HTML Editor in Note fields. A new property is added in the TRIRIGAWEB.properties called TINYMCE_HTML_EDITOR_ENABLED. This property will determine if the “HTML Editor” button will be displayed in form Note fields. By default, the value of this property is set to true, which will display the button in Note fields. Note fields are vulnerable to attack if the button is enabled.