A CSRF attack forces an authenticated victim’s browser to send an unauthenticated request to a vulnerable web application, which then performs unauthorized action on behalf of the attacker. This issue has been identified in various places throughout the application. This APAR is meant specifically for the example below.
Steps to replicate:
- 1. Set the KNOWN_REFERRER_LIST to the hostname.
- 2. Restart the TRIRIGA application server.
- 3. Navigate to Configure > People > Employees.
- 4. Select any existing employee.
- 5. Click on the Delete button and intercept the form.
- 6. Change the “sNo” field in the form to that of another user.
- 7. Save the form as an HTML file, and open it in the browser, where you are currently logged in to TRIRIGA.
- 8. Submit the CSRF form and see that the other user is deleted.