UX: Globalization: What are the steps to enable translation?

I want to translate my UX app. I just watched the video on UX Globalization here, and read through UX PDF #4 here. According to the instructions I’ve found so far, it’s seems to be as simple as:

  • Open the Globalization Manager tool. Click Export.
  • Select the export type, process type, and target language.
  • Select Dictionary from the Label drop-down list.
  • Perform the export.

I’ve done those steps with these settings:

  • Export Type = Label & Data (all BOs)
  • Process Type = Full
  • Target Language = Internal Values

This creates files under …. tririga/userfiles/Translations/tririgaData/export. I used “Mock View” in my web app to confirm which strings should be translated. I see the files and there’s a ton of strings there in different files, but when I “grep” for a string that should be in the translatable list, it’s not there. I also tried with different Target Languages, like US English and Swedish. Still no string I recognize. What am I missing?

For the UX Framework, the translatable texts should be found inside the label folder: tririga/userfiles/Translations/tririgaLabel/export, specifically inside files with name like DICTIONARY_XX.xliff.

Continue reading


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.