Some queries and reports, at runtime, are not sorting the data when you click on the column header. You may find that the sorting of data in the report or query is not working. It appears that the page refreshes, but it doesn’t sort the data. To resolve the problem:
- 1. Go to the Report Manager. Search for the report or query for which sorting is not working.
- 2. Load the report in the Report Builder (design time).
- 3. Navigate to the “Order & Group” tab.
- 4. Check under the “Summary Columns” section. If there is any field listed, make note of the field.
- 5. Delete the fields from the “Summary Columns” section. Save the report.
- 6. Re-add the fields. Save the report. That’s all. Try running the report and check if the sorting is working.
This issue can happen because of some corrupt metadata for the report. When sorting is not working, then the summary report can show 2 rows for the summary, and mess up the sorting. After removing and re-adding the fields, you will see that only one summary row is being rendered. It’s possible that the above steps may not resolve the issue, but we have seen that, in a customer database, this has resolved the issue.