We have a customer who has a requirement for a highly customizable set of notifications within TRIRIGA. I have listed the requirements below, but I wonder if anyone has done anything similar before for other customers? Or if you have any ideas how some of these requirements could be achieved?
- 1. The ability to dynamically select the parameters that will be used in the notification text from the record in question, rather than having to physically set this up via notification content records for each notification.
- 2. The ability to select any piece of data as a parameter from the source record, or from any record associated to the source record, or records associated to the records associated to the source, etc. So, an example would be that if the work task is the source record, they would like to be able to include data from the project and program (and checklists). Again, without having to set up workflows for it.
- 3. The ability to run reports and attach them as content to the notifications (for both native and BIRT reports). This can be either as an attachment (in Excel or PDF format) or as the content within the notification.
- 4. The ability to set up a number of rules defining the notification triggers. These could be triggers on status changes, field changes (any possible attribute), or a combination of 2 or more of these. These rules would also vary from program to program, or project to project.
- 5. While allowing all of the above, still retain the ability to set up some globally defined notifications.
[Admin: A similar question is posted in the Capital Project forum.]