Since TRIRIGA is new territory for a lot of you out there, and I have already received various queries about this, let’s take a brief look at the correct sequence to create a new TRIRIGA classification as follows:
- 1. Create a new BO within the Classification module, and add other fields, if needed.
- 2. Set up the Publish Name (BO Mapping). Tip: For classifications, you use the Name field as the lone field in the Publish Name to prevent entering duplicate classification entries. The Name field is in the Record Information section when you click Find in the BO Mapping tool.
- 3. Save the BO.
- 4. Create an association between the new BO and itself by using Is Parent Of. This action creates an Include. Note: Create this association from within the Data Modeler, not within the Association Manager. Also, when creating Includes, ensure that the Parent BO is in the Revision in Progress state before you create the association. Otherwise, the Include is not created properly.
- 5. Publish the BO.
- 6. Revise the Classification BO.
- 7. Create an association between the Classification BO and the new BO that was created in Step 1 using Is Parent Of. This action creates an Include.
- 8. Publish the Classification BO.
- 9. Copy the triClassification form and assign the new form to the BO that was created in Step 1. Add at least the Name field to the form.
- 10. Change the label of the new form to match the label of the new BO.
- 11. In the State Family, click Find to import the other states and transitions.
- 12. In the Includes/Forms tab, add the newly created form to the Includes list. (Add it to itself.)
- 13. Publish the form.
- 14. Revise the triClassification form.
- 15. In the Includes/Forms tab, add the newly created form to the Includes list.
- 16. Publish the triClassification form.
Thus far, we have the Classification definition metadata and no Classification records exist yet. In order to create records, follow the last 2 steps as follows:
- 17. From the Classification Hierarchy Master detail view, create the local parent for the new Classification as a child of the Hierarchy root record.
- 18. Create the actual new Classification records under the local root for the new Classification.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Classifications tag.]