We are running TRIRIGA 22.214.171.124 platform and TRIRIGA 10.5 application. We have a requirement from our customer, for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance reasons, that we need to change the “System” user password in TRIRIGA. We have done this in the past. However, the old option now appears to have become read-only, so we can’t do it the same way. Any ideas how we can update this password now?
Here are some things that might be preventing you from updating the password:
- 1. The logged-in user does not have security access to update the password, or a workflow has triggered on the record that has modified the metadata, and made the password fields or its section non-editable.
- 2. The record is in a state that only supports read-only actions. This makes the record non-editable.
- If you are logged in as Admin and cannot modify the password, I’d confirm that the System user is still part of the Admin group.
- If you are trying to change the System password as another user that is not an Admin, I would put that user in the Admin group temporarily to see if this gets past your issue.
- If you can confirm that a user in the Admin group cannot modify the record, I would look at workflows that are changing the metadata and the record state.
- If you cannot access the account as the System user, you can temporarily clear the System password to blank (null), so that you can login as Admin and reset the password. For example, via an update SQL script:
- update user_credentials set password = null where user_account = ‘system’.