Starting in version 3.5.3, IBM TRIRIGA Application Platform includes a Performance Analyzer. The Performance Analyzer is a system tool that helps you to diagnose system performance issues.
Performance Analyzer overview
- The Performance Analyzer provides a more streamlined approach to troubleshooting performance issues than the traditional IBM TRIRIGA performance log analysis.
- The Performance Analyzer helps you to better isolate and analyze the causes of performance issues by generating a log that is more targeted at the problem area. When you contact IBM to report a TRIRIGA performance issue, you might be asked to run the Performance Analyzer and provide the resulting data.
- When you select the performance timing categories that you want and start a performance run, the analyzer rolls the performance log and captures data while you do the process or actions that cause the slowness.
- When you stop the performance run, the analyzer automatically loads the performance data and does a high-level analysis that shows the longest running item in each category in the performance run. A result summary of the performance run shows the top events that took the longest time to run. You can further analyze the data by reviewing the result details where all the selected category data is displayed.
- You can also upload an existing performance log to the analyzer and the analyzer does the same high-level analysis of the data.
The Performance Analyzer has the same base requirements and restrictions as the traditional TRIRIGA performance logging, which includes nightly rolling, space consumption, and logs for all users. Details include…