You can configure TRIRIGA to use Tivoli Directory Integrator as its ETL runtime engine to run ETLJobItems from within TRIRIGA.
Before you begin
Install Tivoli Directory Integrator, if not already installed, on all the TRIRIGA systems that could run a TDI ETL Job Item. During the TDI install:
- Make note of the installation directory you enter on the Destination panel. You will enter this value later in TRIRIGAWEB.properties.
- Select either installation type. TRIRIGA requires only the TDI Server component.
- When prompted for the location of the Solution Directory, you can select any option. TRIRIGA specifies its own solution directory at runtime. However selecting the option “Use Install Directory” may simplify troubleshooting.
- Make note of the value you enter in the Server Port field on the Server Port Values Panel. You will enter this value later in TRIRIGAWEB.properties.
- Clear the “Start the Configuration Editor” check box on the Install Complete panel.
- Note: This step is very important for TDI/TRIRIGA integration to work. After you have installed Tivoli Directory Integrator, update it with the recommended fix packs (per TRIRIGA support matrix). TDI must be at least at FP04 (188.8.131.52) or it will not automatically start the TririgiaETLDispatch.xml assembly line which will result in ETL job items failing to run successfully.
- Edit TRIRIGAWEB.properties file to enable TRIRIGA to manage TDI server. Set the following properties…
- Install a JDBC driver library so that Tivoli Directory Integrator can use it to access TRIRIGA database…
- Edit TDI global.properties file to allow TRIRIGA to check and stop the TDI server from localhost without requiring authentication and authorization certificates. Set the api.remote.ssl.on property to false to tell TDI to trust requests from localhost…
- Start Tivoli Directory Integrator Agent from TRIRIGA Admin Console and verify that it starts successfully…
[Admin: This post is related to the 08.03.16 post about installing, upgrading, or uninstalling TRIRIGA TDI, and the 05.01.16 post about documentation on developing TDI with TRIRIGA. To see other related posts, use the TDI tag.]