Does anyone have experience in project integration (data transfer) from an external existing project through any IBM TRIRIGA integration module? Our templates and mapping have been identified, but the question is about reproducing the overall standard when a project is created. This seems hard. In order to have this project consistent in TRIRIGA, we think that we need to be consistent with the following:
- Project and direct associations with business objects in perimeter
- Associated purchase orders
- Budget and their associated cost codes
- Financial data and their associated computation
Any help and experience would be great, even if the answer is it’s too hard.
Without detailed knowledge on the user’s part, such as a fundamental knowledge of all of the application functionality, it would really be best to engage IBM Services to implement this integration. It’s not impossible, but it really would need a lot of care.
What is the “Integration” check box for in the workflow Start task?
Assuming you are referring to the Start task of an asynchronous workflow, when this property is selected, the workflow is used to migrate data from staging tables in IBM TRIRIGA records. This type of workflow is used extensively in IBM TRIRIGA DataConnect.
Check out this IBM Knowledge Center topic about DataConnect that describes the “Integration” check box: Workflow task settings.
[Admin: The same question is also posted in the main Application Platform forum. To see other related posts, use the Staging tag or DataConnect tag.]
You can configure TRIRIGA to use Tivoli Directory Integrator as its ETL runtime engine to run ETLJobItems from within TRIRIGA.
Before you begin
Install Tivoli Directory Integrator, if not already installed, on all the TRIRIGA systems that could run a TDI ETL Job Item. During the TDI install:
- Make note of the installation directory you enter on the Destination panel. You will enter this value later in TRIRIGAWEB.properties.
- Select either installation type. TRIRIGA requires only the TDI Server component.
- When prompted for the location of the Solution Directory, you can select any option. TRIRIGA specifies its own solution directory at runtime. However selecting the option “Use Install Directory” may simplify troubleshooting.
- Make note of the value you enter in the Server Port field on the Server Port Values Panel. You will enter this value later in TRIRIGAWEB.properties.
- Clear the “Start the Configuration Editor” check box on the Install Complete panel.
- Note: This step is very important for TDI/TRIRIGA integration to work. After you have installed Tivoli Directory Integrator, update it with the recommended fix packs (per TRIRIGA support matrix). TDI must be at least at FP04 (126.96.36.199) or it will not automatically start the TririgiaETLDispatch.xml assembly line which will result in ETL job items failing to run successfully.
- Edit TRIRIGAWEB.properties file to enable TRIRIGA to manage TDI server. Set the following properties…
- Install a JDBC driver library so that Tivoli Directory Integrator can use it to access TRIRIGA database…
- Edit TDI global.properties file to allow TRIRIGA to check and stop the TDI server from localhost without requiring authentication and authorization certificates. Set the api.remote.ssl.on property to false to tell TDI to trust requests from localhost…
- Start Tivoli Directory Integrator Agent from TRIRIGA Admin Console and verify that it starts successfully…
[Admin: This post is related to the 08.03.16 post about installing, upgrading, or uninstalling TRIRIGA TDI, and the 05.01.16 post about documentation on developing TDI with TRIRIGA. To see other related posts, use the TDI tag.]
What is the best way to implement a mobile app that will record the time spent in maintenance? Is the OSLC integration the best way to do this connection?
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Mobile tag or OSLC tag.]
We have an IBM-hosted environment that will be connected to an IBM-hosted FileNet instance as the CMIS. After configuring everything, the connection is established and the containers are created in FileNet, but the actual file is not uploaded. Has anyone been able to have this integration work in their environment? Here is a snippet of the error log when CMIS integration is active…
This was most likely due to a misconfiguration on the TRIRIGAWEB.properties or CMIS side. TRIRIGA supports the CMIS 1.1 standard. IBM TRIRIGA can be configured to store documents in Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems that support the Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) ECM gateway Version 1.1 of the CMIS standard, as established by OASIS.
These gateways are specific to the vendor of your particular ECM and should be installed accordingly, if one does not already exist in your organization. See the Support Matrix. IBM FileNet adheres to the CMIS 1.1 standard. So, as long as the FileNet version has support for 1.1, it is supported by TRIRIGA.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the CMIS tag or ECM tag.]
Is there a way to disable the CI auto-sync on login? I know you can uncheck the box in the CI options menu, but for certain drawings, it continues to sync on login.
You should be able to open the drawing, go to Drawing > Properties, and clear the option to sync when the drawing opens. Save the drawing, and it should obey this setting the next time you open it.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Integrator tag.]
Our workflow sends an outbound message by user action. For the Connector for Business Applications (CBA), the Connector user guide says:
For date values, the outbound query results include the raw values that are stored in the database and the formatted display values that are shown to the user. The displayValue node is added to the query results. The following example shows the default XML structure…
But for us, the outbound message has a different format… The <value> is presented in the same way as <displayValue> which is not acceptable because users may have a different date format. Is there a way to get the proper date value in <value> or use a single <displayValue> format for all users?