The IBM TRIRIGA Application Platform has the ability to notify users on their portal if their session is about to expire. The message will not be displayed on any popups or modal windows, only on the main portal page.
To allow the alert message to be displayed on the portal to a user whose session is about to expire, set SESSION_WARNING_ENABLED=Y in TRIRIGAWEB.properties. By default, it is N. The default alert timeout threshold is 2 minutes before the session is set to expire, as follows: SESSION_WARNING_THRESHOLD=2.
The session expiration timeout itself can be found in the following locations:
- WebSphere Liberty:
- Edit wlp/usr/servers/tririgaServer/server.xml.
- Update the invalidationTimeout value in seconds.
- In the Websphere Console, navigate to Servers > Application Servers > Your Server > Web Container > Session Management and/or Applications > Enterprise Applications > Your Application > Session Management.
- Oracle WebLogic:
- In the WebLogic Console, navigate to Your Domain > Deployments.
- Expand the tririga-ibs deployment node. Expand the Modules node.
- Click on the context root node. (The context root was selected during TRIRIGA install. The default name is “/”.)
- Select the Configurations tab.
- Enter a value for Session Timeout (in seconds), and Save.
- You may be asked to select a location for Plan.xml, which will be generated upon saving.
- You may need to restart the WebLogic Server.