IV97769: Filtering on a word in date column gives unexpected results


Filtering on a word in a date or date-time column produces unexpected results.

The platform treated any invalid string as “Today’s Date”. Moving forward, for query reports that have filters enabled, a check was added whenever a user attempts to use an invalid filter in a date or date-time field. If a non-date or non-date-time string is used in this filter, then a “No data to display” message is shown to the user in the body of the query results table, and zero results are returned.

[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Date tag or Filter tag.]

Continue reading

Advertisements

IV97719: Form action indefinitely spins when form is read-only


When a record is in a read-only state, any form action text links (not a button) on the form no longer run the workflow assigned to the OnClick event for the action. The “busy spinner” comes up and the action is never taken. The only recourse is to close the form window. If the record is editable, the form action text links run their workflows as expected.

The JavaScript in the form field action was losing focus. Moving forward, clicking a form field action when the record is in a read-only state will no longer cause the record to lose focus.

[Admin: To see other related posts, use the OnClick tag or OnChange tag.]

Continue reading

IV97838: Working hours in task are not always calculated correctly


If a work task has a calendar and the “Planned End” or “Actual End” date-time field values are updated, the “Working Hours” are not always calculated correctly. The working hours do not seem to factor in the calendar hours.

The working hours were not being calculated correctly. The issue was that the values for the calendar fields (Year, Month, Day, etc.) were not being set correctly. The fix was to set the calendar fields exactly as we do for the other calculation methods. Moving forward, we resolved a work task record and Gantt chart issue, where the Actual Working Hours and Actual Working Days were not being correctly calculated when an Actual End date value was entered.

[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Calendar tag or Gantt tag.]

Continue reading

IV97599: “Grant Security Access” workflow does not filter properly


The “Grant Security Access – MASSUPDATE” workflow does not filter the groups and licenses correctly, because various tasks in this workflow are not set correctly.

The “Update Records” action on the Grant Security Access form was creating a duplicate of Groups/Licenses on People and My Profile records if the Groups/Licenses selected were the same as the ones added on People and My Profile. Moving forward, we resolved the issue by modifying the workflow “Grant Security Access – MASSUPDATE” to not create any duplicate Groups/Licenses if they are already added to People and My Profile. We also fixed another issue, to create new Groups if the “Clear Existing Security?” check box is checked.

[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Groups tag or License tag.]

Continue reading

IV97692: Using “In” or “Not In” user filter without quotes gives error


In the Chrome browser, when not enclosing string values in single quotes in a query that uses an “In” or “Not In” user filter, the user gets an error message. The user cannot close the error message and has to close Chrome.

[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Filter tag.]

Continue reading

IV97814: triTaskResourceFact and triDimTaskStatusTX have changed


When running an ETL Job in IBM TRIRIGA 3.5.2, we see the following error, because the T_triTaskResourceFact table, triTaskResourceFact BO, has changed, and the triDimTaskStatusTX field is no longer a locator:

ERROR [com.tririga.platform.workflow.runtime.taskhandler.ETL.KETTLE](triTaskResourceFactETL - Insert into triTaskResourceFact) Insert into triTaskResourceFact - org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException: Error inserting row into table [T_TRITASKRESOURCEFACT] with values: ...
Error inserting/updating row ORA-00904: "TRIDIMTASKSTATUSTXOBJID ...

The status dimension data was not populating for the task resource metric table. Moving forward, we needed to make changes to populate the data correctly.

[Admin: To see other related posts, use the ETL tag.]

Continue reading

IV97700: Security group blocks calendar reservation information


We have a problem when we open a reservation from the calendar. It seems that when the user has a primary organization and he opens a reservation from My Calendar, the reservation window is opened, but it doesn’t show any information. However, if the user doesn’t have a primary organization, the reservation window is opened and it shows the information correctly.

When dealing with an organization, geography, and project security, you should use the user’s groups, not override groups. In Reserve, My Calendar, a user with an organization or geography is unable to open a reservation that was created. The security was not using the organizations or geographies from the user’s profile (groups) when determining the user’s access. Instead, it was using the overridden Reserve security group.

[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Reservation tag.]

Continue reading