You can configure TRIRIGA to use Tivoli Directory Integrator as its ETL runtime engine to run ETLJobItems from within TRIRIGA.
Before you begin
Install Tivoli Directory Integrator, if not already installed, on all the TRIRIGA systems that could run a TDI ETL Job Item. During the TDI install:
- Make note of the installation directory you enter on the Destination panel. You will enter this value later in TRIRIGAWEB.properties.
- Select either installation type. TRIRIGA requires only the TDI Server component.
- When prompted for the location of the Solution Directory, you can select any option. TRIRIGA specifies its own solution directory at runtime. However selecting the option “Use Install Directory” may simplify troubleshooting.
- Make note of the value you enter in the Server Port field on the Server Port Values Panel. You will enter this value later in TRIRIGAWEB.properties.
- Clear the “Start the Configuration Editor” check box on the Install Complete panel.
- Note: This step is very important for TDI/TRIRIGA integration to work. After you have installed Tivoli Directory Integrator, update it with the recommended fix packs (per TRIRIGA support matrix). TDI must be at least at FP04 (18.104.22.168) or it will not automatically start the TririgiaETLDispatch.xml assembly line which will result in ETL job items failing to run successfully.
- Edit TRIRIGAWEB.properties file to enable TRIRIGA to manage TDI server. Set the following properties…
- Install a JDBC driver library so that Tivoli Directory Integrator can use it to access TRIRIGA database…
- Edit TDI global.properties file to allow TRIRIGA to check and stop the TDI server from localhost without requiring authentication and authorization certificates. Set the api.remote.ssl.on property to false to tell TDI to trust requests from localhost…
- Start Tivoli Directory Integrator Agent from TRIRIGA Admin Console and verify that it starts successfully…
[Admin: This post is related to the 08.03.16 post about installing, upgrading, or uninstalling TRIRIGA TDI, and the 05.01.16 post about documentation on developing TDI with TRIRIGA. To see other related posts, use the TDI tag.]
What is the best way to implement a mobile app that will record the time spent in maintenance? Is the OSLC integration the best way to do this connection?
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Mobile tag or OSLC tag.]
Watson Analytics is an intuitive, cloud-based analytics tool that will help TRIRIGA users explore their data for insights and display findings as dashboards and infographics for easy sharing. All without having to become a data scientist.
Watson Analytics guides data discovery and predictive analytics by using automatic visualizations and enables dashboard creation so that you can get insights and make informed decisions. Pairing Watson Analytics with data from TRIRIGA enables you to explore your integrated workplace management processes and obtain new insights on your day to day operations. The IBM Watson Analytics service will allow you to discover patterns and meanings in your data.
The TRIRIGA Connector for Watson Analytics gives you the ability to export your TRIRIGA data into Watson Analytics. With Watson Analytics, you can tune data, discover insights to help solve your business problems, and display your findings…
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Watson tag or Analytics tag.]
We have a number of existing enterprise TRIRIGA customers who are retaining their lease data in TRIRIGA (their investment), but using a connected, low-cost, cloud-based solution for lease accounting. The good news is that it works, it’s easy, it’s lower cost, and in production today with Fortune 100 customers with large TRIRIGA investments. Let me know if you have an interest in moving into a lease accounting solution in a low-cost way, while preserving your TRIRIGA investment.
CoStar Lease Accounting Setup for ASC 842 and IFRS 16 Compliance
- 1. Connect existing lease management systems with our proprietary Data Connector. You can retain investments in existing lease systems and take advantage of our proven lease accounting functionality while avoiding the costs of upgrading enterprise software.
- 2. Migrate all existing lease data with our integrated Lease Administration System. You can upgrade existing systems to the smart choice for lease accounting and management, provide access to an unlimited amount of organizational users and departments, and save on long-term costs associated with multiple systems and upgrades.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the FASB tag or IFRS tag.]
After importing a space record using the IBM TRIRIGA Connector for BIM and Autodesk Revit, TRIRIGA displays an incorrect value of the space “area” of the imported drawing.
The fix will involve setting the UOM type for the triBIMFloor and triBIMSpace area fields to Square-Feet, since the values from BIM are always Square-Feet values. This will ensure that the workflow mappings from the triBIMFloor and triBIMSpace records to their respective triFloor and triSpace records will include UOM conversion.
So, for example, if the target triFloor and triSpace records are defined as Square-Meters, the workflow will inherently convert the Square-Feet values (on triBIMFloor and triBIMSpace) to Square-Meter values.
[Admin: A similar article is also posted in the IBM Support Portal.]
In November, we announced the launch of our TRIRIGA Connector for Watson Analytics – letting business professionals and facility managers easily integrate their TRIRIGA buildings data directly into Watson Analytics…
Self-service analytics: The answer to the data skills-gap
Today, getting access to the information you need to run your business probably means working across a number of different roles and teams: IT to get you access to your data, business analysts to help make sense of your data, and data scientists to help build predictive models. But the time and cost associated with getting the insights you need to solve daily problems can be prohibitive…
This is where Watson Analytics comes in. The easy-to-use interface is designed with business users in mind, enabling guided data discovery, predictive analytics and automatic visualization. For real estate and facility managers, Watson Analytics with TRIRIGA is your data scientist in a box…
How will you use your new insights?
The cognitive power of Watson Analytics allows it to uncover important and unexpected insights hidden in your data. You may uncover energy usage trends that you didn’t know were impacting your bottom line, or use Watson Analytics to reduce under utilized space and help lower your cost per square foot.
By exploring lease data, you might predict future capacity and achieve standards compliance. Or you may drill into your maintenance data for insights that will reduce operations costs and simplify service delivery…
[Admin: This post is related to the 11.15.16 post about the IBM TRIRIGA Connector for Watson Analytics overview.]