We have some reservable spaces with system geography and system organization settings. A non-Admin user also has the same geography settings. There are security groups for reservations, and organizations and geography security groups are assigned to him. The geo and org security groups have the same geo and org as the space and profile. But the non-Admin user still isn’t able to see spaces.
He is only able to see them when the first level of the org hierarchy is provided in the group (i.e. \Organization). But as soon as the second level is given in the group, he isn’t able to see them. Can anyone help me on this? I think there is some issue in the org, but I don’t know exactly where it is.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Geography tag or Organizations tag.]
The “Grant Security Access – MASSUPDATE” workflow does not filter the groups and licenses correctly, because various tasks in this workflow are not set correctly.
The “Update Records” action on the Grant Security Access form was creating a duplicate of Groups/Licenses on People and My Profile records if the Groups/Licenses selected were the same as the ones added on People and My Profile. Moving forward, we resolved the issue by modifying the workflow “Grant Security Access – MASSUPDATE” to not create any duplicate Groups/Licenses if they are already added to People and My Profile. We also fixed another issue, to create new Groups if the “Clear Existing Security?” check box is checked.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Groups tag or License tag.]
I’d like to grant or revoke the access to the “Form” button of a report according to the security group of users. But I haven’t find any options related to this button in the Security Manager.
If you can find the action in the business object when it is selected in Security Manager, then you can control it there. If you cannot find the action, you will not be able to manage it there. Some objects are system objects and cannot be modified. This may be one of them.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Security Manager tag.]
We have a problem when we open a reservation from the calendar. It seems that when the user has a primary organization and he opens a reservation from My Calendar, the reservation window is opened, but it doesn’t show any information. However, if the user doesn’t have a primary organization, the reservation window is opened and it shows the information correctly.
When dealing with an organization, geography, and project security, you should use the user’s groups, not override groups. In Reserve, My Calendar, a user with an organization or geography is unable to open a reservation that was created. The security was not using the organizations or geographies from the user’s profile (groups) when determining the user’s access. Instead, it was using the overridden Reserve security group.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Reservation tag.]
I have a few questions from our customer about TRIRIGA reports:
- Question 1: We want to create a report to show the triProperty which has more than one triBuilding as children. By using an association filter, we can only show the triProperty which has at least one triBuilding. By using a summary report, we can group by triProperty to show the number of triBuilding it has, but we can’t add another criterion based on the “Number” column. So, both two solutions above don’t work.
- Question 2: How can we do something like a “left join” in a multiple-BO report? We have noticed that the behavior of multiple BOs in a report acts more like an “inner join” query. The filter based on the secondary BO will also impact the primary BO result. Do you know any way to get a “left join” result in TRIRIGA?
- Question 3: How can we share a list of reports with users who are members of a specified security group? Our customer doesn’t want to grant the access of the “My Report” application for those groups, and they would like a solution that is more dynamic than adding those reports into the portal of the user. I don’t know if there is way to do this. Can the Admin user define a favorite list for the end users?
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Reports tag or My Reports tag.]
We have a requirement to approve a record if anyone (not everyone) from the list approves it. For example, the approval requirement for contracts contains two users, A and B. If user A approves a contract, then it gets approved without user B. And vice versa, if user B approves it first, then user A is skipped. Can we do this?
Recently, I had an opportunity to test this, specifically, two users at level 1 and two users at level 2, etc. After speaking with the development team, each user at each level must approve the record. This is working as designed. There is no plan to change that behavior at this time. I believe that there is an open RFE to request the functionality in a future release. I suggest either opening an RFE or voting for the existing RFE if you need that functionality.
[Admin: This post is related to the 10.21.15 post about group approvals. To see other related posts, use the Approvals tag.]
Is anyone using the system organization for their security groups? We have noticed a problem to which IBM doesn’t seem to be giving enough any attention, and I’m wondering how many clients have even found this yet.
I posted the following statement in IBM developerWorks hoping to get some attention. We are starting to notice a few areas where the SQL data doesn’t match what is viewed in the application. Here is an example:
- (1) First, you need a query that displays a list of leases and one of the columns is the system org. (Make sure that column has a user filter.)
- (2) Now, note the system org name on one of the records.
- (3) Go to that org record. Edit the org name (for example, add “test” to the end of it), and activate the org record.
- (4) Go back to that query.
- (5) The system org displays the new value on the lease and in the query.
- (6) Enter a user filter for “test” in the system org column. But the query doesn’t recognize the edit…
[Admin: The same question is also posted in the main Application Platform forum. This post is related to the 01.04.17 post about filters failing when using changed classification values. To see other related posts, use the SQL tag or Filter tag.]