I have a requirement. Whenever a user receives an email from the TRIRIGA application, the date-time should be displayed in local time, not the current server time. This should be based on different multiple time zones and not any particular one. Can anyone help me to achieve this through workflow activities in TRIRIGA?
“Whenever a user submits a request for resource reservation, he gets a notification in his portal. However, I am not able to get that notification in a personal email like firstname.lastname@example.org. I have added this email in the user profile. Also, in the notification window, it shows that the external mail is email@example.com. But I am still not able to get any emails if I login in that email account.”
I have a similar question as well. I would like the service technician to get an email notification if the work task has been assigned to him. Is that possible in TRIRIGA?
When emails are sent to TRIRIGA using Apple’s Mail client, they are not always being interpreted properly on the TRIRIGA end. Some problems include:
- When a rich-text email is sent using Apple’s Mail client and has an attachment, the attachment isn’t seen if the email history is present as part of the email. If the email history is removed, the attachment is seen.
- When a plain text email is sent using Apple’s Mail client and a PNG or JPG attachment is present, the attachment isn’t seen, but the email body has a marker that makes it look like an embedded image should be present (but isn’t).
- When a plain text email is sent using Apple’s Mail client and text exists in the email before the attachment, the text that exists in the email before the attachment isn’t seen. Any text that exists after the attachment is seen.
Apple mail formats the attachments and forwards differently than other mail clients. Moving forward, an issue that cause attachments to be missing and email bodies to lose content when the mail client puts attachments inline, has been resolved.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Attachment tag.]
I have a TRIRIGA SaaS client, and administrators of my client have several questions about TRIRIGA SaaS services:
- 1. What are the differences of the functions between TRIRIGA on SaaS and TRIRIGA on premise? Please provide a list of the differences.
- 2. Can we use mail notifications to other users from TRIRIGA on SaaS?
- 3. Can we make and incorporate BIRT reports into TRIRIGA on SaaS?
I wanted to respond to this, in case these questions still needed answers.
- (1) The functionality in TRIRIGA SaaS versus TRIRIGA on-premise should be the same. If there is something that is not working that the client feels should be working, I would encourage your client to raise a ticket with the TRIRIGA SaaS team.
- (2) Yes, email notifications should work provided that the SaaS server has a way of reaching the client’s mail server.
- (3) Yes, the client should be able to make BIRT reports and incorporate them into TRIRIGA SaaS.
How do I setup notifications to display someone’s email in the From User field?
As of the TRIRIGA 3.4.2 release, a new smart section was added to the Notification business object and form to allow a user’s email address to be specified in the From User field, instead of the standard system email that currently exists. The smart section is defined against the triPeopleLink business object. The Notification workflow should be set up so that this section will be populated with the send (From user) information. Also, the email notification will look like it is coming from the user who sent it instead of the TRIRIGA system.
To implement this feature, you will need to modify any Notification workflow that sends an email to populate the sender (From user). The From user is not set by default. To modify your workflow, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Tools > Builder Tools > Workflow Builder.
- Select triHelper (Module) and triNotificationHelper (BO).
- Revise the workflow “triNotificationHelper – Synchronous – Resolve Notification Content and Send Notification”.
- Add a “Retrieve Records” task similar to the following…
- Add a “Modify Records” task similar to the following…
- Click the “Edit Map” action on the “Modify Records” task and map the fields similar to the following…
- Publish the workflow.
[Admin: This post is related to the 06.16.16 post about setting up a notification workflow with external mail.]