Manually typed dates do not take into account the user’s date-time preference in the Gantt scheduler.
We needed to specify the EditFormat element, in addition to format, when applying the left-column metadata to the date fields. Moving forward, manually editing dates will now take into account the user’s date-time preference in Gantt.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Gantt tag.]
Are you getting ready to address the implications of the new lease accounting changes with TRIRIGA? Although FASB’s ASC 842 and IASB’s IFRS 16 will take effect in 2019, many organizations are only now beginning to realize the amount of effort required to meet the new standards…
The biggest changes to businesses will be the new Right of Use (ROU) Assets and Lease Liabilities that will hit balance sheets, as well as the intensely manual approaches and effort that many see before them. How many organizations are leveraging Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS) to manage their real-estate holdings and automate these manual efforts?…
In order to help organizations comply with the new standards, and understand the implications of these changes, TRIRIGA continues to deliver a single integrated workplace management system with new enhancements in the next release. TRIRIGA supports the lifecycle of facilities management and will automate compliance activities to address changes that affect multiple teams and roles.
Here’s how TRIRIGA can help:
- CFO and CAO: The release of IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3 will provide a sub-ledger system for real estate and asset lease accounting that is able to generate journal entries out-of-the-box for ASC 840 and ASC 842 under US-GAAP as well as for IAS 17 and IFRS 16. It also covers period closings and report generation for the most common reports required under the new standards.
- Real Estate and Fixed Asset Managers: The release of IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3 separates the duties of a lease administrator and a lease accountant, allowing the lease administrator to enter contractual information, and then enabling the lease accountant to run classification tests, reassess lease decisions, and report on the ROU Asset and Lease Liability.
- Facility Management, and Occupants: There are also new capabilities to improve day-to-day and occupancy experience. They can leverage a new Workplace Services offering that engages everyday employees through new mobile web apps that provide access to services managed by IBM TRIRIGA, anywhere, and on any device. This includes: a new Service Request app to submit work requests, a new Reservation app to quickly create reservations for individual workspaces or multi-attendee meeting rooms, and a new location-aware Workplace Services Portal to provide a single, unified access point for launching the apps and tracking status of requests…
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the FASB tag or IFRS tag.]
Regarding the setup and breakdown tasks for rooms, the Start and End times of these tasks are only influenced by relevant service assignment matrix (SAM) service level agreements (SLAs), and not by the Room Setup and Breakdown times of the space. If there are no SAM records, the duration of the task is taken as 0 (i.e. the Start and End times are the same).
The Start and End date-times on the reserve work task records that were created for the Setup and Breakdown times on the space were populating the values from SAM (not the reservation). The issue has been resolved to populate the date values from the space by adding a new list value “Use Reservation” to the “Task Assignment Dates Rule” list field on the service plan record, which is used for service plan records that are created for reserve functionality. This will allow the dates to be used from the reservation and not SAM.
Also, the list values “Available Mid-Reservation” and “Available for Entire Reservation” in the “Reserve Service Type” list field on the reserve work task template have been removed, since our current structure does not support these two values for the reservation use case.
Note for upgrade customers: These list values have been removed from the as-shipped application. These values will not be removed through an object migration (OM) package. So, you have to manually remove these values from your environment if they are not being used anywhere.
[Admin: This post is related to the 11.16.16 post about searching for rooms with setup and breakdown times. To see other related posts, use the Reservation tag.]
When I run the CAD Integrator (CI) 12.1.1 installer, I get the window: “No supported version of AutoCAD or MicroStation were found on your computer.” On the next screen, I am able to manually select AutoCAD 2013 and 2014, and the install completes normally. The CI menu does not appear in the menu bar, so I have to manually add it by using the menu load process and navigating to the TrgaAcad_en.cuix file. However, it doesn’t stay loaded and I have to reload it every time I open AutoCAD 2014.
Also, once loaded, none of the functions in the IBM TRIRIGA CI work. For example, I keep getting: “Unknown command “TRGA_PREFERENCES”. I tried to use the APPLOAD process to try and load, but I don’t know the name of the CAD Integrator ARX file. Regardless, the install doesn’t appear to work properly. I tried to uninstall and reinstall 4-5 times, rebooted, re-downloaded the install file, etc. The menu won’t stay loaded, and I need the name of the ARX file to try the APPLOAD.
Here are a few notes:
- Loading the menu does not load the plugin. If the plugin loads properly, then it will automatically load the menu if not loaded already.
- Since the plugin is not actually loaded, none of the commands will work, hence the unknown command.
- There is no ARX file. It’s a .NET assembly that requires netloading of the correct DLL.
- Question: Are you using a 32-bit JVM instead of 64-bit? This is a known issue. We have an installer check for this now, but I am not sure it’s in 188.8.131.52: Troubleshooting CAD Integrator V.12 – Resolving No CAD Types Found on installation
- Make sure you know that 184.108.40.206 does not support Java 8. That might be an issue.
- If that’s not the problem, it might be some sort of security issue where the installer does not have permission to read or write to the registry in order to install CI. You can try installing with Admin privileges. We also have a wiki about it: Troubleshooting – AutoCAD – Unknown command after CI Install
- The “No supported version…” message is there, so the installer cannot install anything. The fact that you can select AutoCAD just means it will deploy the necessary files, but will not actually install it. Refer to: Manually Loading CI using Netload
[Admin: This post is related to the 09.04.16 post about adding the menu in the menu bar. To see other related posts, use the Integrator tag.]
We have a portal section that lists the saved “favourite” queries for a user. But when users save a new query, they need to manually refresh the portal or page before it appears. I know we can set a portal section “refresh” interval, but the users would like to see it refreshed as soon as they save the query. Is there a way to do this via workflow or other means?
TRIRIGA OOB has no option or mechanism in workflows to achieve this. As you mentioned, you could look at lowering the portal “refresh” interval, so it’s less of a problem. But ultimately, I’d train the users to click on the Home tab after a query change to force a refresh.
[Admin: This post is related to the 05.15.15 post about changing the portal section refresh time. To see other related posts, use the Refresh tag.]
I have a couple of software development life cycle (SDLC) questions about Perceptive apps using the TRIRIGA UX Framework:
- How do you export changes to Perceptive app components from one environment to another, without exporting the whole application? Example components include web view files and data sources. Currently, if we only change and test a data source or web view in Dev, we cannot figure out how to export them from the Dev environment and import them into the system integration testing (SIT) environment.
- How do you add an existing data source to an existing model? We only found an Add button to add a new data source. We would like to associate a pre-defined data source to a model.
TRIRIGA currently supports exporting of the whole app, so you cannot export only a data source. For web view files, you have the option to use the WebViewSync tool to pull the files from one environment and push them into another.
About adding an existing data source, the data sources were designed to be part of a model and that’s why there is no button to add an existing data source to a model. However, you can manually associate them by using the Association tab.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the UX Framework tag.]