I’ve made some modifications to a handful of forms that are connected to CAD BO Mapping records (e.g. triEmployee, triSpace, triFloor, etc.). I’ve updated the label to follow the traditional TRIRIGA customization standards and relabeled them with “cst” such as “cst-triSpace”. However, in AutoCAD, when I attempt to Smart Attach and/or Publish drawings, I get an error that seems to point towards the GUI Name of the form not lining up to the CAD Mapping. How do I get CAD Integrator to pick up the same form but with a different label?
When renaming those forms, you must make a few changes to the CAD backend:
- 1. Create new CAD Mapping records that point to the new form. I recommend checking the old mapping records to make sure all fields are added properly.
- 2. If you added any required fields, I believe that they need to be added to the CAD Mapping record.
- 3. Open the CAD Hierarchy and make sure each node is pointing to the new Mapping record that you created from Step 1.
- 4. Update the form on the CAD Label Style to point to the new form.
Note: If you are on a newer platform, I recommend keeping the form names as “tri”, and using object labels to manage versioning.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Integrator tag or Object Label tag.]
We have multiple organizations with the same name. We would like to change the CAD Integrator > Batch Associate > Organization Mapping to display the Organization ID instead of the Organization Name. How can I change the list from showing Organization Name to show Organization ID?
You will need to change both the Organization Mapping and the query to call only the Organization ID. After that, clear all caches in Admin Console and do a Full Sync in the CAD drawing. Following these steps, we changed the Organization Mapping from showing Name to showing ID and changing it back. It does not appear to have any negative impact, but there has been no detailed regression testing…
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the CAD tag or Integrator tag.]
I’m having issues with request classes on work tasks. We created a project (including work location). But now, when we create a task from the project, very few of the values (including work location) are mapped onto the null work task. The drop-down that comes from the request class depends solely on this work location.
Also, the work location of the task gets its value from the project (as mapped). But now, when we try to get the drop-down for the request class based on work location, random values are shown. When I reselect the same work location, and then go back to the request class, I see the correct values. Any thoughts on this behavior? How do you get the request class list for the very first time without reselecting the work location in a work task that was created from the project?
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Mapping tag or Work Tasks tag.]
I noticed that the smart section won’t update even if the association changed. Is there any other place that the smart section is stored beside the SYSKEY column?
If you want to update a smart section when a specific association is made from some other process, you will need to trigger a workflow on the association event, and than map the “Associated Object” as a source map to the smart section.
Why doesn’t the picker show up in a smart section when doing an edit map?
The business object is not mapped correctly. If the “Map From” object is not correct for the smart section that you are trying to map to, the picker will not display in the smart section. If the smart section displays information about a people record that uses the triPeople business object, then the “Map From” BO must be of the type “triPeople”.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Smart Section tag.]
When trying to edit the mapping of a locator field within Data Modeler, the spyglass next to the field does not pop up the mapping window.
[Admin: A similar article is also posted in the IBM Support Portal as a technote. To see other related posts, use the Firefox tag.]
In TRIRIGA 10.5.1, if you navigate to Home > Projects, and have the “Projects – Projects Landing Page – Default” portal in place, the primary locations for any projects you have listed in the “My Active Projects” portal section are flagged in the “My Project Locations” portal section.
But in TRIRIGA 10.5.2, this does not happen. No project locations appear with a flag in the “My Project Locations” portal section. There appears to be a problem introduced between 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 due to a reverse association filter being removed.
The “Location – Navigation – GIS – Buildings, Structures, and Retail Locations – Project Manager Query” was configured with an incorrect forward association string, that prevented capital project locations from displaying on a GIS map. Moving forward, the Advanced tab > Geography Module > triCity Business Object association filter had its forward association string updated to “Geography Contains” from “Geography Belongs To”.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the GIS tag.]