Mobility has revolutionized business. Gartner predicts that by 2022, 70% of software interactions in enterprises will occur on mobile devices. What does that mean for facility maintenance? With service technicians always on-the-go, accessing TRIRIGA remotely can help maximize efficiency and productivity by combining the convenience and power of handheld devices, like smartphones and tablets, with the robust capabilities of TRIRIGA…
How can MobilD help
ValuD’s MobilD – Mobility Delivered for TRIRIGA – brings a role-based user experience and intuitive dashboard and KPIs to ensure the requester views information that is directly relevant to his/her role and gets quicker access to data. MobilD can help the requester to:
- Create all types of asset-related service requests for self and their team
- Select the location as well as the user-specific asset by scanning the bar code or the QR code of the asset
- Provide a brief description of the problem
- Add and update attachments like images, documents, audio and video
- Assign service request priority
- Track open and closed service requests in real time
- Receive notifications
- View survey requests on task completion and perform survey actions
- Change password from mobile…
[Admin: This post is related to the 10.11.17 post by ValuD about an IBM TRIRIGA mobility solution for technicians, and the 07.28.16 post about mobilizing IBM TRIRIGA with MobilD. To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag or MobilD tag.]
Inc. magazine ranked ValuD Consulting #1085 on its 36th annual Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. Out of the nearly seven million private companies moving the economy forward every day, only a tiny fraction demonstrate consistent high growth. ValuD’s Inc. 5000 recognition, for the third consecutive year, puts the firm in rarefied company, given that only one in five companies make the list three times…
To propel results over the past year, ValuD has:
- Grown to 230 people to deliver IBM TRIRIGA, IBM Maximo, and Motors@Work Internet of Things solutions.
- Built an industry leading FASB/IASB Lease Accounting practice, complete with CPAs, to facilitate rapid TRIRIGA Real Estate implementations and to streamline FASB compliance.
- Developed and delivered MobilD, a mobility product solution purpose-built for TRIRIGA.
- Enhanced pre-packaged Motors@Work integrations with Maximo Asset Management, Maximo Asset Health Insights, and IBM Watson Platform.
[Admin: This post is related to the 08.18.16 post about being recognized for a second straight year. To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag.]
What is the best way to implement a mobile app that will record the time spent in maintenance? Is the OSLC integration the best way to do this connection?
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Mobile tag or OSLC tag.]
Conference: November 29, 2017, 8AM (ET) to November 30, 2017, 4PM (ET)
Crystal City Gateway Marriott
1700 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Arlington, VA 22202
TRIRIGA Mobility Solution (MobilD)
Do you need to improve your work efficiency for your TRIRIGA users but fear mobility has a steep learning curve? Are you looking for an out-of-the-box TRIRIGA mobility solution with simple role-based buttons and menus? Then you are not alone. Kiel Schmitz, a former St. Paul Information Systems leader, shares a customer’s perspective on selecting and implementing the ValuD MobilD solution.
- Challenges and objectives for a TRIRIGA Mobility project
- Targeted roles and tasks including service requests and inspections
- Project results and benefits
- Lessons learned
Join the ValuD Session
Join the session to learn more about how MobilD delivers a role-based user experience on any device with mobile access such as phones or tablets whether connected or offline. Requester, technician, or supervisor users only see information that is directly relevant to their role and their work process, which drives timely service requests, quicker assignments, higher user adoption, and better data collection. The MobilD solution was tailored to St. Paul’s TRIRIGA customizations, within a short time-frame, extending TRIRIGA on Mobile.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag or MobilD tag.]
There have been some interesting articles lately focusing on how the typical office is transforming with titles like “Eliminating the Need” to “No Desk of Your Own”. But the office isn’t disappearing, it’s just changing. Modernization is happening through mobility – employees want flexibility in how and where they work, and organizations that embrace this are finding that mobility, as a means to engage their employees, is a success driver.
However, with the changing work patterns, the average office is empty or goes unused 55% of the time, according to Regus research and studies show employees are not at their desk 50-60% of the time. Furthermore, 2/3 of people want to work from home and 80% of teleworkers consider it a perk. So, how can you maximize use of your company’s office space and at the same time keep employees connected and engaged?
The first step is to get a read on the current “true” space utilization in your portfolio. Up to 70% of companies have an inconsistent approach to space planning and management with limited access to accurate data. This knowledge is essential to establish space performance targets and ultimately reduce the cost of unused office space. By thinking of office space as a resource and developing a shared system, businesses can meet cost management and sustainability goals.
With the FieldFLEX Mobile Space Manager app, you can capture and analyze vital workspace utilization data constantly with continuous access to accurate, timely information which will allow you to reduce average area per employee through space optimization and new planning standards…
The modern workplace is transforming the way people think about their office space. Leading enterprises are leveraging their workplace to benefit their business and their people. We recently hosted a webinar to address the best practices for the modern workplace…
How to Take a Workplace from Lifeless to Lively
When beginning a workplace transformation, you must gather data to understand how your company and how employees work. There are many ways to collect data, but Jill Zunshine presents 3 steps that cannot be forgotten.
- Business Strategies: Understand each business line and function areas of your business…
- Employee Feedback: Gather and analyze engagement scores and satisfaction surveys…
- Utilization Percentages: Collect how space is being used and what spaces are being used for what type of activity…
Technology in the Modern Workplace
From experience, Tom Zampini sees three problems that have arisen regarding the modern workplace:
- Over Spending: Large and inflexible portfolios are heavily underused.
- Failure to Embrace Digital: There’s a failure to embrace digital, and thinking that mobility undermines productivity.
- Working Environment: Companies are either working in new ways in old spaces, or working in new spaces that impede real work…
Industry Trends & Consulting Experiences
Once you have an activity-based work (ABW) environment, how do you support the employee’s productivity and innovation? Luc Kamperman follows 3 factors to lead to better performance and personal satisfaction.
- Autonomy: People want to explore, learn, and foster their inner drive. This can be supported by giving people control in their environment.
- Mastery: Employees should strive to get better at doing things, and encourage improvements and growth.
- Purpose: What is connecting them to their work and workplace?
[Admin: This post is related to the 04.20.17 post about taking a workplace from lifeless to lively. To see other related posts, use the Serraview tag.]
There has been a running debate on how to define a “real” mobility solution for IBM TRIRIGA – do we depend on a UI/UX framework or on commercially available solutions?
A UI/UX solution is a good platform solution that serves as an extension of the desktop TRIRIGA solution, but definitely has its limitations particularly for offline capabilities and keeping development costs in check. Mobility solutions need to operate offline and to leverage the native capabilities of the mobile device and platform. Based on our interaction with a variety of customers, we found some key challenges in evaluating the IBM mobility technology options…
How can we help?
Having executed multiple IBM TRIRIGA implementations, ValuD knows and anticipated the issues faced by customers. Given our in-depth expertise, ValuD designed a mobility solution solely for IBM TRIRIGA.
ValuD’s IBM TRIRIGA mobility solution – MobilD – was developed on true MADP (Mobile Application Development Platform) called Xamarin, an open source platform for developing MobilD. Microsoft acquired Xamarin recently and they made the entire development toolkit free to increase the market penetration. Xamarin, a widely known MADP, has thousands of application developer networks that can help organizations acquire the necessary skills for future development or management.
Another key factor is the choice of middleware solution; most current vendors use a “proprietary” middleware solution that needs a footprint on one of the TRIRIGA servers. MobilD’s middleware choice is Microsoft Azure which is a hosted solution and does not need any footprint on TRIRIGA servers and can also work with your SaaS solution or on-premise solutions…
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag or UX Framework tag.]