Which email is used when sending a notification in a workflow?


I’ve found that there’s an email address in both triPeople and My Profile. Sometimes these two email address can be different. Which one will be used when I create a triNotificationHelper in a workflow to send a notification out?

Emails will be sent to the email ID present in the My Profile of the person that you intend. Both triPeople and its My Profile will always have the same address unless you explicitly change it in the My Profile record, because whenever you make any changes to triPeople by revising, it will be carried forward to My Profile when saved or activated.

Continue reading

IV97599: “Grant Security Access” workflow does not filter properly


The “Grant Security Access – MASSUPDATE” workflow does not filter the groups and licenses correctly, because various tasks in this workflow are not set correctly.

The “Update Records” action on the Grant Security Access form was creating a duplicate of Groups/Licenses on People and My Profile records if the Groups/Licenses selected were the same as the ones added on People and My Profile. Moving forward, we resolved the issue by modifying the workflow “Grant Security Access – MASSUPDATE” to not create any duplicate Groups/Licenses if they are already added to People and My Profile. We also fixed another issue, to create new Groups if the “Clear Existing Security?” check box is checked.

[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Groups tag or License tag.]

Continue reading

IV97700: Security group blocks calendar reservation information


We have a problem when we open a reservation from the calendar. It seems that when the user has a primary organization and he opens a reservation from My Calendar, the reservation window is opened, but it doesn’t show any information. However, if the user doesn’t have a primary organization, the reservation window is opened and it shows the information correctly.

When dealing with an organization, geography, and project security, you should use the user’s groups, not override groups. In Reserve, My Calendar, a user with an organization or geography is unable to open a reservation that was created. The security was not using the organizations or geographies from the user’s profile (groups) when determining the user’s access. Instead, it was using the overridden Reserve security group.

[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Reservation tag.]

Continue reading

Why aren’t tasks always showing up in tabular metric reports?


Our client’s tabular metric reports, which are set to show the tasks of service requests, seem to have some issues. Although the tasks are found by the report, they don’t always show up or aren’t displayed on the list.

Here are two examples below: (1) In the first case, 6 tasks are found, but only 2 of them show up. (2) In the second case, 3 tasks are found, but none is displayed. Any ideas on what could be happening?

[Updated 05.03.17]

It seems that the user’s language (set in his profile) and the existence of a contract for the tasks affect their visibility one way or another on the tabular report. Here’s an example below: (1) When the user’s language is set to EN (English), all of the tasks show up fine. (2) When the user’s language is set to FR (French), only tasks which have a contract show up (in this case, only 1) even though all 8 are found…

Continue reading

Why can’t you see the available licenses under “My Profile” tab?


I have recently upgraded to TRIRIGA 3.5.2/10.5.2. Currently, no user records are created. So I created one user record, but I can’t see the list of licenses under the “My Profile” tab in the user record. All licenses can be seen from the Tools > List Manager, and are also placed on the server under the \config\ folder. Any help would be appreciated.

See if this technote might help: Why aren’t IBM TRIRIGA employee records bringing the list of licenses available on system?

[Admin: This post is related to the 04.22.16 post about employee records not showing the available licenses.]

Continue reading

Why do exceptions for currency conversion appear in server.log?


How do I address the cause of currency conversion exceptions that are appearing in my TRIRIGA server.log file so they stop being logged? The exception can occur as a result of currency conversion being done when a user profile has a different currency than the base currency. Here are some examples of the exception seen in the log:

Error in Conversion from >CHINESE YUAN RENMINBI< to >US Dollars< . Using conversion rate of 1.
Error in Conversion from >NIGERIAN NAIRA< to >US Dollars< . Using conversion rate of 1.

There are generally two ways to resolve this:

  • 1. Add currency conversion values to allow the currency conversion to take place. The documentation can be found in the IBM Knowledge Center: Currency.
  • 2. Confirm every user profile has the same currency as the base currency. The base currency is defined in the TRIRIGAWEB.properties file.

Also, check for duplicate UOM values for currency. This could explain the exception if the first two options fail to resolve the problem…

Continue reading