I’m seeing issues within report results, where if the user profile language is in US English, the results are of one type, but if the user profile language is in German, it is showing some other data. The record while checked is the same for both cases. While opening and checking the record, the ID and name of the record varies from what it showed as a result in the report. While investigating, what we observed is that these fields are marked as “Localizable” in Data Modeler. What is the use and impact of the “Localizable” field property? Any suggestions?
You can configure TRIRIGA to use Tivoli Directory Integrator as its ETL runtime engine to run ETLJobItems from within TRIRIGA.
Before you begin
Install Tivoli Directory Integrator, if not already installed, on all the TRIRIGA systems that could run a TDI ETL Job Item. During the TDI install:
- Make note of the installation directory you enter on the Destination panel. You will enter this value later in TRIRIGAWEB.properties.
- Select either installation type. TRIRIGA requires only the TDI Server component.
- When prompted for the location of the Solution Directory, you can select any option. TRIRIGA specifies its own solution directory at runtime. However selecting the option “Use Install Directory” may simplify troubleshooting.
- Make note of the value you enter in the Server Port field on the Server Port Values Panel. You will enter this value later in TRIRIGAWEB.properties.
- Clear the “Start the Configuration Editor” check box on the Install Complete panel.
- Note: This step is very important for TDI/TRIRIGA integration to work. After you have installed Tivoli Directory Integrator, update it with the recommended fix packs (per TRIRIGA support matrix). TDI must be at least at FP04 (220.127.116.11) or it will not automatically start the TririgiaETLDispatch.xml assembly line which will result in ETL job items failing to run successfully.
- Edit TRIRIGAWEB.properties file to enable TRIRIGA to manage TDI server. Set the following properties…
- Install a JDBC driver library so that Tivoli Directory Integrator can use it to access TRIRIGA database…
- Edit TDI global.properties file to allow TRIRIGA to check and stop the TDI server from localhost without requiring authentication and authorization certificates. Set the api.remote.ssl.on property to false to tell TDI to trust requests from localhost…
- Start Tivoli Directory Integrator Agent from TRIRIGA Admin Console and verify that it starts successfully…
[Admin: This post is related to the 08.03.16 post about installing, upgrading, or uninstalling TRIRIGA TDI, and the 05.01.16 post about documentation on developing TDI with TRIRIGA. To see other related posts, use the TDI tag.]
Moving forward, we resolved an issue where malicious files can be uploaded via document upload by bypassing the client side validation.
[Google Translated from Russian]
IT solves real estate management issues effectively
Business-IT integrator RedSys jointly with IBM held a seminar on the topic “Managing commercial real estate: Experience and prospects for implementing IT solutions.” The event was organized by the association of the real estate market REPA in the format “Development Environment”…
To participate in the first session, RedSys, Knight Frank, RD Management, IBM, etc. were invited to present their experience in applying IT solutions to optimize business processes in real estate…
Within the framework of the sessions, a discussion was held on the impact of IT solutions on risks and profitability in managing the real estate object. Artem Myasnikov, director of the center for industry and business solutions at RedSys, says: “To increase manageability, reduce risks and optimize costs, are allowed by comprehensive management tools using advanced technologies, such as IBM TRIRIGA“…
IT решает вопросы управления недвижимостью эффективно
бизнес-IT интегратор RedSys совместно с IBM провел семинар по теме «Управление коммерческой недвижимостью: опыт и перспективы внедрения IT-решений». Мероприятие организовано ассоциацией рынка недвижимости REPA в формате «Девелоперская среда»…
К участию в первой сессии были приглашены компании RedSys, Knight Frank, RD Management, IBM и др., дабы представить свой опыт применения IT-решений для оптимизации бизнес-процессов в сфере недвижимости…
В рамках сессий развернулась дискуссия на тему влияния IT-решений на риски и доходность при управлении объектом недвижимости. Как утверждает директор центра отраслевых и бизнес-решений RedSys Артем Мясников: «Повысить управляемость, снизить риски и оптимизировать затраты позволяют комплексные инструменты управления с применением передовых технологий, в частности таких как IBM Tririga»…
When a report is executed from “My Reports”, the title is shown as the header, even though we have changed the REPORT_HEADER_COLUMN property to “Name” in the TRIRIGAWEB.properties.
We needed to remove the REPORT_HEADER_COLUMN property since it is no longer being used. It was used in the out-of-support TRIRIGA 2.7.x platforms and older. Moving forward, the deprecated REPORT_HEADER_COLUMN property has been removed from the TRIRIGAWEB.properties file since it has not been used since the TRIRIGA 2.7.x platform releases.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the TRIRIGAWEB.properties tag.]
This is a common question from many TRIRIGA administrators. We have parameters to limit the file extensions for a while now, but limiting the file size was a missing capability, until…
In TRIRIGA 3.5.2, we introduced a new property in the TRIRIGAWEB.properties file called MAXIMUM_UPLOAD_FILE_SIZE_BYTES that allows administrators to configure the maximum permissible size for file uploads. If no value is set, the default is 20 megabytes. We hope you make good use of this feature after you upgrade to 3.5.2 or higher versions of the platform. I’m sure your storage specialist will owe you one!
What are the types of bookmarks that can be used on a TRIRIGA form? It seems that bookmark functionality within TRIRIGA allows you to store only one of each record type. For example, a bookmark to an Employee 2 record can overwrite the saved bookmark to an Employee 1 record.
There is a difference in bookmarking a form versus a record:
- 1. Bookmark as a form: Allows a user to pin one type of form.
- 2. Bookmark as a record: Allows user to pin multiple records of each type.
However, there are instances where users cannot bookmark as a record. In this case, go to the Form Builder and open the form header properties. The following properties should be selected:
- 1. Allow bookmark to create record.
- 2. Allow bookmark to specific record.
[Admin: This post is related to the 09.21.16 post about assigning bookmarks to users.]