Does anyone have any experience in extracting TRIRIGA data from the database directly through Oracle SQL Developer? I am trying to extract through SQL code, and combine in one table, the data from triSpace, triSpaceClassCurrent, and triSpaceStandardsSpec. The idea is to create a single table with all spaces, space classifications, and space standards.
We have some corrupted records, which appeared across 2 different BOs so far. We can’t delete them from the application level, and the cleanup script won’t delete them either, because they can’t be found under the IBS_SPEC table. Does anyone have a SQL to properly cleanup those records from the T_ table?
Is anyone using the system organization for their security groups? We have noticed a problem to which IBM doesn’t seem to be giving enough any attention, and I’m wondering how many clients have even found this yet.
I posted the following statement in IBM developerWorks hoping to get some attention. We are starting to notice a few areas where the SQL data doesn’t match what is viewed in the application. Here is an example:
- (1) First, you need a query that displays a list of leases and one of the columns is the system org. (Make sure that column has a user filter.)
- (2) Now, note the system org name on one of the records.
- (3) Go to that org record. Edit the org name (for example, add “test” to the end of it), and activate the org record.
- (4) Go back to that query.
- (5) The system org displays the new value on the lease and in the query.
- (6) Enter a user filter for “test” in the system org column. But the query doesn’t recognize the edit…
[Admin: The same question is also posted in the main Application Platform forum. This post is related to the 01.04.17 post about filters failing when using changed classification values. To see other related posts, use the SQL tag or Filter tag.]
We are running TRIRIGA 188.8.131.52 platform and TRIRIGA 10.5 application. We have a requirement from our customer, for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance reasons, that we need to change the “System” user password in TRIRIGA. We have done this in the past. However, the old option now appears to have become read-only, so we can’t do it the same way. Any ideas how we can update this password now?
Here are some things that might be preventing you from updating the password:
- 1. The logged-in user does not have security access to update the password, or a workflow has triggered on the record that has modified the metadata, and made the password fields or its section non-editable.
- 2. The record is in a state that only supports read-only actions. This makes the record non-editable.
- If you are logged in as Admin and cannot modify the password, I’d confirm that the System user is still part of the Admin group.
- If you are trying to change the System password as another user that is not an Admin, I would put that user in the Admin group temporarily to see if this gets past your issue.
- If you can confirm that a user in the Admin group cannot modify the record, I would look at workflows that are changing the metadata and the record state.
- If you cannot access the account as the System user, you can temporarily clear the System password to blank (null), so that you can login as Admin and reset the password. For example, via an update SQL script:
- update user_credentials set password = null where user_account = ‘system’.
When a BIRT report is launched in TRIRIGA on the Reports tab or elsewhere, a Progress Bar popup appears with a “Cancel” button.
- 1. If I click “Cancel”, will that kill the Select statement that is running against the database on the database server?
- 2. If I click “Cancel”, will that release the database connection that is used when a BIRT report starts to run?
The answer to both questions is “No”. The thread will be consumed until the Select statement is complete. There is no messaging included in the log that the Select process was orphaned due to user interaction. The process simply continues to run until the results are retrieved and then stops. So, effectively:
- 1. No, canceling a request will not kill the Select statement.
- 2. No, the thread remains unaware that the request was canceled.
When the results are returned, the thread will process them, and then hit the canceled thread. There may be a message in the log warning about an IO socket being disconnected, or some other exception dealing with the dead connection.
When having two business objects (BOs) with the same name in different modules, and you select the “Validate” check box on DataConnect (DC) runs, this will cause an SQL statement (built to receive a single row, the BO name) to fail, since the logic does not include the module on the WHERE clause.
The DataConnect job issue was that the File-to-DC validation logic had SQL that assumed BO names are unique, and did not account for same-named BOs in different modules. This fix includes a module name parameter to the logic, so that the SQL knows from which module to retrieve the BO. Moving forward, we resolved an integration object File-to-DC issue involving the “Validate” check box. When the “Validate” check box was selected, the validation process would fail if the BO being validated had the same name as another BO in a different module.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the DataConnect tag.]
How do you run the MS SQL “SetVarcharColsToNumeric_MSSS.sql” and “SetVarcharColsToNumeric_MSSS_Publish_BO.sql” scripts after upgrading to TRIRIGA 184.108.40.206? According to the TRIRIGA 10.5.2 and 3.5.2 release notes:
- “There are two scripts for MS SQL, SetVarcharColsToNumeric_MSSS.sql and SetVarcharColsToNumeric_MSSS_Publish_BO.sql. Run SetVarcharColsToNumeric_MSSS.sql first. When it completes, run SetVarcharColsToNumeric_MSSS_Publish_BO.sql.”
- “Run the script PRIOR to installation of IBM TRIRIGA Application Platform version 3.5.0. NEVER run the script after upgrading to 3.5.0.”
Our application is 10.4 and platform is 220.127.116.11. How can the SQL script be applied to update the system fields with the sub-attribute type of CreatedDateTime to CreatedDateTime (Number) and ModifiedDateTime to ModifiedDateTime (Number)?