Does anyone have experience in project integration (data transfer) from an external existing project through any IBM TRIRIGA integration module? Our templates and mapping have been identified, but the question is about reproducing the overall standard when a project is created. This seems hard. In order to have this project consistent in TRIRIGA, we think that we need to be consistent with the following:
- Project and direct associations with business objects in perimeter
- Associated purchase orders
- Budget and their associated cost codes
- Financial data and their associated computation
Any help and experience would be great, even if the answer is it’s too hard.
Without detailed knowledge on the user’s part, such as a fundamental knowledge of all of the application functionality, it would really be best to engage IBM Services to implement this integration. It’s not impossible, but it really would need a lot of care.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Integration tag.]
There’s an old metaphor originating from Plato that compares the soul to that of a chariot with a pair of winged horses. Chariots of the gods were equipped with two good horses, while us mere mortals were given one good horse and one bad, unruly horse, depicting the conflicts of the soul. Due to this imbalance, we would always face hardships. But those of us who could put that unruliness to use could potentially rise high enough to hang with the gods.
What does this have to do with IBM TRIRIGA and hanging out at TRIMAX this week? Not a whole lot, I just like to throw out fascinating metaphors. However, if you’re looking to power up your facilities “chariot” with the fiercest of good stallions, and corral the unruliness of unused data, you may want to read on.
The five fierce stallions of 2017
When it comes to fierce stallions, why have 2 when you can have 5? And when you’re talking about investments around TRIRIGA, the more the merrier. Here are the top 5 stallions driving the chariot of your facilities management efforts this year:
- 1. New lease accounting standards drive compliance domination…
- 2. Analytics help you understand the performance of your chariot…
- 3. Cloud isn’t just for mythical gods…
- 4. Mobility enables the business to soar from anywhere…
- 5. User experience (UX) drives Herculean engagement…
[Admin: What does TRIRIGA mean? A tririga (trī-ˈrē-gə) is a team of three horses yoked three abreast, commonly associated with the use of chariots during the Roman Empire. To see other related posts, use the TRIMAX tag.]
I’ve made some modifications to a handful of forms that are connected to CAD BO Mapping records (e.g. triEmployee, triSpace, triFloor, etc.). I’ve updated the label to follow the traditional TRIRIGA customization standards and relabeled them with “cst” such as “cst-triSpace”. However, in AutoCAD, when I attempt to Smart Attach and/or Publish drawings, I get an error that seems to point towards the GUI Name of the form not lining up to the CAD Mapping. How do I get CAD Integrator to pick up the same form but with a different label?
When renaming those forms, you must make a few changes to the CAD backend:
- 1. Create new CAD Mapping records that point to the new form. I recommend checking the old mapping records to make sure all fields are added properly.
- 2. If you added any required fields, I believe that they need to be added to the CAD Mapping record.
- 3. Open the CAD Hierarchy and make sure each node is pointing to the new Mapping record that you created from Step 1.
- 4. Update the form on the CAD Label Style to point to the new form.
Note: If you are on a newer platform, I recommend keeping the form names as “tri”, and using object labels to manage versioning.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Integrator tag or Object Label tag.]
Tailored Brands, Inc., a recognized leader in men’s tailored apparel operating over 1,400 locations in the U.S. and Canada, has selected Tango’s Strategic Store Lifecycle Management Solution to facilitate all aspects of their real estate strategy and store development activities needed to support growth of the company’s iconic brands, including Men’s Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank, Joseph Abboud, Moores Clothing for Men and K&G. Tailored Brands has licensed Tango’s Market Planning & Site Selection, Program & Project Management, Lease Administration and Facilities Maintenance products…
An important consideration for Tailored Brands was ensuring compliance with the new lease standards put forth by FASB. Tango’s lease accounting software is unique in the marketplace, in that unlike other solutions that will require retrofitting to ensure compliance, Tango’s lease accounting functionality was developed with compliance as part of the foundation…
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Tango tag.]
We have an IBM-hosted environment that will be connected to an IBM-hosted FileNet instance as the CMIS. After configuring everything, the connection is established and the containers are created in FileNet, but the actual file is not uploaded. Has anyone been able to have this integration work in their environment? Here is a snippet of the error log when CMIS integration is active…
This was most likely due to a misconfiguration on the TRIRIGAWEB.properties or CMIS side. TRIRIGA supports the CMIS 1.1 standard. IBM TRIRIGA can be configured to store documents in Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems that support the Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) ECM gateway Version 1.1 of the CMIS standard, as established by OASIS.
These gateways are specific to the vendor of your particular ECM and should be installed accordingly, if one does not already exist in your organization. See the Support Matrix. IBM FileNet adheres to the CMIS 1.1 standard. So, as long as the FileNet version has support for 1.1, it is supported by TRIRIGA.
[Admin: A similar question is also posted in the triDeveloper Google group. To see other related posts, use the CMIS tag or ECM tag.]
Does anyone have any experience in extracting TRIRIGA data from the database directly through Oracle SQL Developer? I am trying to extract through SQL code, and combine in one table, the data from triSpace, triSpaceClassCurrent, and triSpaceStandardsSpec. The idea is to create a single table with all spaces, space classifications, and space standards.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Oracle tag or SQL tag.]
Are you getting ready to address the implications of the new lease accounting changes with TRIRIGA? Although FASB’s ASC 842 and IASB’s IFRS 16 will take effect in 2019, many organizations are only now beginning to realize the amount of effort required to meet the new standards…
The biggest changes to businesses will be the new Right of Use (ROU) Assets and Lease Liabilities that will hit balance sheets, as well as the intensely manual approaches and effort that many see before them. How many organizations are leveraging Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS) to manage their real-estate holdings and automate these manual efforts?…
In order to help organizations comply with the new standards, and understand the implications of these changes, TRIRIGA continues to deliver a single integrated workplace management system with new enhancements in the next release. TRIRIGA supports the lifecycle of facilities management and will automate compliance activities to address changes that affect multiple teams and roles.
Here’s how TRIRIGA can help:
- CFO and CAO: The release of IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3 will provide a sub-ledger system for real estate and asset lease accounting that is able to generate journal entries out-of-the-box for ASC 840 and ASC 842 under US-GAAP as well as for IAS 17 and IFRS 16. It also covers period closings and report generation for the most common reports required under the new standards.
- Real Estate and Fixed Asset Managers: The release of IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3 separates the duties of a lease administrator and a lease accountant, allowing the lease administrator to enter contractual information, and then enabling the lease accountant to run classification tests, reassess lease decisions, and report on the ROU Asset and Lease Liability.
- Facility Management, and Occupants: There are also new capabilities to improve day-to-day and occupancy experience. They can leverage a new Workplace Services offering that engages everyday employees through new mobile web apps that provide access to services managed by IBM TRIRIGA, anywhere, and on any device. This includes: a new Service Request app to submit work requests, a new Reservation app to quickly create reservations for individual workspaces or multi-attendee meeting rooms, and a new location-aware Workplace Services Portal to provide a single, unified access point for launching the apps and tracking status of requests…
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the FASB tag or IFRS tag.]