I’m trying to update a record using Data Integrator. But currently, I have no good results with this. The record is just added, not updated. I would appreciate it if you could show me an example of updating the value of an existing record for an employee’s email address below. I might not have understood the publish name, or the unique key of TRIRIGA.
- (1) triIdTX: 1000004: This is the system generated number at record creation. I assume it’s used as the unique key. (I am not sure if it is the publish name or not.)
- (2) triLastName: Aaaaaaaa: This is the value with the same value when creating a record.
- (3) triFirstName: Bbbbbbbb: This is the value with the same value when creating a record.
- (4) triEmailTX: firstname.lastname@example.org: It was not set when creating a record. And I want to set this value as an update value.
Also, let’s suppose that some values are already set to other fields of triPeople, but are not specified in Data Integrator.
You are correct that it’s adding a record because you’re not using the Publish Name. Take a look at the documentation in Application Building for the IBM TRIRIGA Application Platform 3: Data Management (3.4.x PDF p.35 | 3.5.2 PDF p.31). I confirmed the publish name in our latest release is the same as documented: Last Name + ‘, ‘ + First Name + ‘ – ‘ + ID.
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the Data Integrator tag.]
The TRIRIGA 3.5.2 “Application Building: Data Management” user guide does not indicate that the data source needs to be configured before attempting to export a Data Load spreadsheet.
The steps for “Creating a data load spreadsheet”, as listed in the 3.5.2 “Application Building: Data Management” user guide, do not indicate that before doing this, you need to set up the data source properly. In fact, there is no mention of the need to set up the data-load data source in the guide until the “Processing and loading sample data” section, which comes after the section on creating a spreadsheet.
In the “Creating a data load spreadsheet” section, the following should be inserted as Step 3:
- 3. Ensure the data source is correctly set up for each data load item:
- a. Select the data load item.
- b. Select the Integration Object field.
- c. In the Data Source section of the integration object form, modify the credentials of the database if needed.
- d. Select the Test DB Connection link to verify that you can successfully connect to the database.
- e. Save and close the integration object form.
The old Step 3 becomes Step 4.
If we add or remove users from the Workflow Agent settings on process servers (as per “best practices” to only have one “open” process server and others “restricted”), we have to restart all process servers for the change to take effect.
The 3.5.0 Administrator Console user guide [PDF] does not suggest that a restart is necessary and since this is the new “best practice”, it should be dynamic rather than require a system outage every time you make this change…
Does anyone have a reference guide or working notes on the Style Manager?
I applied the TRIRIGA 3.5.0 skin to one of my environments, and wanted to change a few colors. Trial and error is horrible due to the number of options, similar names, and lack of alphabetical lists. There are also no pictures in the user guides anymore. I was hoping someone had some illustrations. The specific items I’m trying to change are highlighted…
- The second-level menu background.
- The color of the tab background.
- The selected tab foreground color.
- The outside border of the tab. With the muted color scheme, we need a little more definition, like a soft white, but we can’t find that option.
[Admin: This post is related to the 09.23.16 post about changing colors, and the 08.23.16 post and 09.30.16 post about Section 508 color-contrast compliance.]
Where is the information regarding IBM TRIRIGA Application Platform 3.5.2 and IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.2 features, installation, and more?
[Admin: This post is related to the 06.13.16 post about finding 3.5.1 and 10.5.1 information, the 12.11.15 post about finding 3.5.0 and 10.5.0 information, and the 10.01.15 post about finding 3.4.2 and 10.4.2 information. To see other related posts, search “where is the latest“ or “where can you find“.]
I wanted to reach out to the group to see if anyone knows if a user guide exists on how to use this UX Space Assessment module. I am a trainer and wanted to know if something exists before I create a guide myself.
You can find Space Assessment information in UX Article 4: “Navigating UX“.
Our customer has CAD drawings with some polylines overlapping each other… The left-hand side of the studio theater has seats and staircases that are elevated. Underneath those seats and staircases are other rooms on the same floor.
We would like to attach these polylines as space records in TRIRIGA. I attempted and was able to attach this drawing. All areas of the created space records are correct. Each overlapping area is double counted towards both space records as desired. The only impact we found are:
- The TRIRIGA graphics section can only display one of the overlapping polylines on top of another.
- Some out-of-the-box area calculations might appear incorrect, such as Usable Area will be larger than Gross Area and Measured Gross Area.
Our customer can live with the above impact, but the IBM CAD Integrator/Publisher User Guide says it is required that all boundaries are closed, with no overlap. Is attaching CAD drawings with overlapping polylines workable in TRIRIGA and CAD Integrator? Does attaching this type of CAD drawings have any other impact?