Part 1: Leasing Software
Earlier posts focused on the best practices followed by ValuD during IBM TRIRIGA application upgrades. In this blog series, we highlight the best practices that ValuD advocates for an IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3 leasing software implementation…
Part 2: Data Readiness
Our earlier blog focused on the key learning from ValuD’s 10.5.3 implementations. In the next couple of blogs, we list our recommendations for each stage of the implementation life cycle. In this post, we focus on data readiness, data migration, and the design phases…
Part 3: Journal Entries Setup
Continuing with our recommendations for each stage of the implementation life cycle, today we focus on the build process and general ledger (journal entry) integration steps…
Part 4: Testing & Training
In our final blog of this series, we list our recommendations for the last two phases of the implementation life cycle: TRIRIGA testing and training…
[Admin: This post is related to the 01.10.18 post, 08.07.17 post, and 09.24.15 post about the best practices for configuring and upgrading TRIRIGA applications. To see other related posts, use the Best Practices tag or Implementation tag.]
Part 1: Introduction
With 150+ IBM TRIRIGA completed projects across the globe, ValuD has the largest and most experienced team focused exclusively on IBM TRIRIGA. ValuD offers a variety of delivery models to meet our clients’ needs to ensure customer success whether for a new implementation or an upgrade. In the first of a four-part series, we share our best practices for TRIRIGA application upgrades…
Part 2: Lease Accounting
In our earlier post, we shared best practices followed by ValuD during IBM TRIRIGA upgrades. In this post, we highlight the best practices for IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3 upgrades especially related to FASB/IASB lease accounting standards…
Part 3: Modifications & Metadata
Our earlier posts focused on IBM TRIRIGA application upgrade steps adopted by ValuD. In this post, we share best practices following the actual upgrade process…
Part 4: Record Data
In our last and final post on this series, we talk about record data tips and IBM TRIRIGA application upgrade delivery best practices that ValuD recommends…
[Admin: This post is related to the 08.07.17 post and 09.24.15 post about the best practices for configuring and upgrading TRIRIGA applications. To see other related posts, use the Best Practices tag or Object Label tag.]
Conferences and trade shows provide a great way to learn and discover industry trends in a short period of time. Please consider attending TRIMAX this year…
What is TRIMAX?
TRIMAX is an annual conference which provides a forum for participants to share knowledge and learn from other TRIRIGA and Maximo clients, business partners and IBM leaders. If you are a RE/FM/EAM business, then TRIMAX is the event for you. This year’s event is being held at Arlington, VA on November 29th and 30th with an optional training day on December 1st. More than 600 participants are expected to attend the various presentations and sessions.
Why attend TRIMAX?
IBM TRIRIGA and IBM Maximo are leaders in asset management and IWMS application software and TRIMAX is the only user group with a combined focus for both. Naturally, such a focused user group can give you insights on product updates, solution road maps, and industry best practices…
ValuD and TRIMAX
With the largest and most experienced group of TRIRIGA consultants in the world, ValuD has been an active participant of TRIMAX since its inception. This year, our sessions will showcase MobilD, our mobility solution built exclusively for TRIRIGA…
- “TRIRIGA Mobility Solution (MobilD) Tailored to Drive Work Efficiency – A User Perspective” | Speaker: Kiel Schmitz, ValuD | Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017, 1:10 PM – 2:00 PM
- “New Capabilities of TRIRIGA FASB/IASB & Advanced Lease Accounting” | Speaker: Kirk Howcroft, ValuD | Friday, Dec. 1, 2017, 8AM – 3PM
[Admin: This post is related to the 07.18.17 post about ValuD at TRIMAX 2017, the 07.28.16 post about mobilizing IBM TRIRIGA, and the 11.15.17 post by IBM IoT about TRIMAX. To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag or MobilD tag.]
Mobility has revolutionized business. Gartner predicts that by 2022, 70% of software interactions in enterprises will occur on mobile devices. What does that mean for facility maintenance? With service technicians always on-the-go, accessing TRIRIGA remotely can help maximize efficiency and productivity by combining the convenience and power of handheld devices, like smartphones and tablets, with the robust capabilities of TRIRIGA…
How can MobilD help
ValuD’s MobilD – Mobility Delivered for TRIRIGA – brings a role-based user experience and intuitive dashboard and KPIs to ensure the requester views information that is directly relevant to his/her role and gets quicker access to data. MobilD can help the requester to:
- Create all types of asset-related service requests for self and their team
- Select the location as well as the user-specific asset by scanning the bar code or the QR code of the asset
- Provide a brief description of the problem
- Add and update attachments like images, documents, audio and video
- Assign service request priority
- Track open and closed service requests in real time
- Receive notifications
- View survey requests on task completion and perform survey actions
- Change password from mobile…
[Admin: This post is related to the 10.11.17 post by ValuD about an IBM TRIRIGA mobility solution for technicians, and the 07.28.16 post about mobilizing IBM TRIRIGA with MobilD. To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag or MobilD tag.]
Webinar: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time
Join ValuD’s Lease Accounting expert team in their Sept 14th webcast for “Best Practices of Implementing TRIRIGA for FASB Compliance” and get prepared to meet your FASB compliance deadline. Register here.
[Admin: The same announcement is also posted in the LinkedIn group. To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag or FASB tag.]
Inc. magazine ranked ValuD Consulting #1085 on its 36th annual Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. Out of the nearly seven million private companies moving the economy forward every day, only a tiny fraction demonstrate consistent high growth. ValuD’s Inc. 5000 recognition, for the third consecutive year, puts the firm in rarefied company, given that only one in five companies make the list three times…
To propel results over the past year, ValuD has:
- Grown to 230 people to deliver IBM TRIRIGA, IBM Maximo, and Motors@Work Internet of Things solutions.
- Built an industry leading FASB/IASB Lease Accounting practice, complete with CPAs, to facilitate rapid TRIRIGA Real Estate implementations and to streamline FASB compliance.
- Developed and delivered MobilD, a mobility product solution purpose-built for TRIRIGA.
- Enhanced pre-packaged Motors@Work integrations with Maximo Asset Management, Maximo Asset Health Insights, and IBM Watson Platform.
[Admin: This post is related to the 08.18.16 post about being recognized for a second straight year. To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag.]
Let’s review the six major enhancements for advanced lease accounting…
- 1. Period end close capabilities. TRIRIGA 10.5.3 delivers “Advanced Lease Accounting Period Close” which ensures that no additional journal entries can be posted for that closed period…
- 2. Enhanced segregation of duties. With IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3, the roles and responsibilities of Lease Accountant and Lease Administrator have been clearly delineated…
- 3. Streamlined modification processing. A revised process for recording lease modifications has been introduced in this version which supports FASB/IFRS compliance and creates a single process flow for all modifications…
- 4. Disclosure requirements templates (quantitative metrics). IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3 comes pre-loaded with a variety of OOB report templates which support FASB/IASB lease accounting compliance…
- 5. Journal Entry Configuration Framework. With capabilities to generate Journal Entries for ASC 840 and ASC 842 under US-GAAP, as well as for IAS 17 and IFRS 16, IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3 practically transforms the Real Estate Manager module into a sub-ledger system for Real Estate and Asset Lease Accounting…
- 6. Simplified ERP Integration (Data Transfer Object). IBM TRIRIGA 10.5.3 simplifies the process of transferring the lease accounting data into your ERP system by creating a Data Transfer Object (DTO) file that loads into the ERP General Ledger…
[Admin: To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag.]