Webinar: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time
Join ValuD’s Lease Accounting expert team in their Sept 14th webcast for “Best Practices of Implementing TRIRIGA for FASB Compliance” and get prepared to meet your FASB compliance deadline. Register here.
[Admin: The same announcement is also posted in the LinkedIn group. To see other related posts, use the ValuD tag or FASB tag.]
[Updated 04.13.16 to add the April webcast.]
The IASB staff have recorded a web presentation discussing the requirements in IFRS 16 Leases relating to the definition of a lease. This is the third in a series of webcasts the International Accounting Standards Board is providing to support the implementation of IFRS 16…
IFRS 16 Leases: Implementation
IFRS 16 Leases was issued by the International Accounting Standards Board® (the Board) on 13 January 2016 and has a mandatory effective date of 1 January 2019. The Board is currently undertaking a number of activities to support implementation of the Standard. This page will be updated throughout the implementation phase with information relating to these activities.
Webcasts and podcasts by IASB staff
[Admin: This post is related to the 01.29.16 post and 01.13.16 post about the new accounting Standard, IFRS 16 Leases.]
The plot thickens for public companies learning the ins and outs of the brand new accounting standard that brings leases on to corporate balance sheets, as they now face a long list of implementation decisions and business implications.
Accounting experts say they don’t expect any significant pushback on the requirements of the standard or the effective date, which is 2019 for public companies, so they are urging companies to move forward with preparing for the standard. “There’s a fair amount of both challenge and opportunity with this standard,” says Anastasia Economos, a partner with EY…
The Big 4 accounting firms PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, and EY want companies to take advantage of their lease accounting resources…
- Join Deloitte for a 90-minute Dbriefs webcast on Tuesday, March 15, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern to learn about FASB’s new lease accounting guidance and the associated implementation challenges. Earn up to 1.5 Intermediate CPE credits for attending. Learn more and register now.
- Read Deloitte’s Heads Up publication for a comprehensive summary.
[Admin: This post is related to the 08.12.15 post about the KPMG Leasing Tool for IBM TRIRIGA.]
Webcast: Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 1:00 PM Eastern Time
From Web-enabled building automation systems to wireless monitoring of building occupancy and beyond, the Internet is changing how facilities are managed. Building Internet of Things (IoT) technology touches HVAC, lighting, security and other systems, enabling FMs to improve work processes, energy efficiency and responsiveness. More importantly, the technology is enabling FMs to support and enhance the comfort and productivity of building occupants.
Join the editors of Building Operating Management magazine and other experts as they present key trends related to technologies, infrastructure and benefits related to the Building Internet of Things.
- 1. Review what the future holds for Building IoT applications and technologies.
- 2. Analyze the benefits of Building IoT for facility staff, building occupants, and the organization as a whole.
- 3. Understand what’s needed within your facility’s infrastructure to make the Building IoT possible – and successful – within your facility.
[Admin: Based on the registration questions, although the webcast is targeted at Facility Managers and focuses on IoT within a single building instead of an enterprise IoT portfolio, TRIRIGA folks might still be interested in a different perspective.]
Webinar: Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time
The challenge for facilities and finance teams today is how to leverage building data to make better decisions. Thanks to ever more affordable building technologies in everything from indoor air quality sensors to circuit-level sub-metering, valuable data exists, but rarely are leaders able to get a cohesive picture of total building performance to clearly inform capital investment decisions like retrofit projects.
While every building is different, proactive facility executives consistently use six steps to make their building data accessible, transparent, and actionable for better business outcomes.
Join us for this free webinar and learn:
- The six key steps to getting continuous value from building performance data.
- How actual projects have used this methodology to achieve savings in resource usage and employee productivity.
Attend this free webinar to learn the six steps needed to maximize your capital investments. To register for this event, sponsored by Lucid and brought to you by Facility Executive, click this link.
Vladi led Lucid’s early product and engineering teams and has driven the evolution of the company from its inception in 2004 to the launch of BuildingOS. A recipient of awards from U.S. EPA and Cleantech Open, Vladi has dozens of widely-cited publications in the field and has delivered many distinguished presentations, including at TEDx. Vladi helped pioneer groundbreaking research in commercial building monitoring systems and real-time feedback technology.
Webinar: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time
The workplace today is all about technology and if you’re not prepared, you’ll fall behind. 2016 is the year to get smart. So let this be the year you resolve to make everyone around you, smarter.
Are you ready for the expanding world of the Internet of Things (IoT)? Or the influx of data scientists? What about wearable tech in the workplace? You can’t get to the future of the workplace without a platform that can analyze and report in real-time and give you the key metrics to effectively plan the future. That’s what your team needs, and what it takes to get a seat at the executive table. If it’s not as easy as pressing a button, you’ve got the wrong tool.
What attendees should expect to learn:
- 2016 will usher in a new generation of devices connected to the Internet, and with them a massive focus on tracking and actionable data. This webinar will prepare attendees for the IoT world and how it will result in better tracking, ticketing and asset management.
- Collaboration is King in 2016. This webinar will demonstrate how dumping your manual processes (email, Word docs, Excel sheets, etc.) will make your whole organization smarter.
- With the dramatic increase in the amount of data, suddenly statisticians – or data scientists – are sexy. This webinar will show how relying on these experts translate and transform data streams into core business strategy to no just plan for the future, but accurately predict it.
- In 2016, companies will avoid all server-based software wherever possible and opt for cloud-based SaaS technologies. This webinar will teach attendees how to navigate on this new terrain.
- Mobility is key. If you can’t access the priority elements of your infrastructure online and via app in 2016, you are way behind. This webinar will give workers the tools to be as productive in the office as they are elsewhere.
- Get ready for wearable technology, asset and building sensors, opt-in mobile tracking or badging, routers, etc.
Attend this free webinar and find what your team needs to get a seat at the executive table. To register for this event, sponsored by iOffice and brought to you by Facility Executive, click this link.
Elizabeth Dukes is the Co-Founder & Executive Vice President of iOffice, the leading IWMS software for the commercial real estate industry. At iOffice, Elizabeth champions iOffice’s mission to use technology to empower the workforce and the workplace to reach their full potential. iOffice works with fast growing clients including: Hess, Ricoh, University of Michigan, Zappos, Adobe, BMC and more.
[Admin: To see the video playback, register here.]
Earlier this month, the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB, or the Board) issued a new accounting Standard, IFRS 16 Leases. This new Standard substantially changes lessee accounting. (Companies are required to apply the new requirements from 01 January 2019.)
In our latest article, Sue Lloyd, a member of the Board, discusses some of the key changes to financial statements that investors will see when companies apply the accounting requirements. The article provides context for the new requirements by comparing them to future US GAAP requirements and those detailed in former IFRS Standards. An illustrative example is also included for this purpose. Click here for the article: Investors Perspectives — A New Lease of Life [PDF].
More details on the new Leases Standard can be obtained by:
- Watching a video in which the Board’s Chairman, Hans Hoogervorst, introduces the Standard here
- Listening to an overview of the new requirements here [webcast]
- Viewing the Project Summary and Feedback Statement, including an overview of the project history and how the Board has responded to stakeholders’ comments during the development of the Standard here [PDF]
- Viewing the Effects Analysis, outlining the likely costs and benefits of the Standard here [PDF].
To stay up to date with the latest education materials introducing these new requirements, please visit the Leases project homepage.